Serenity MedSpa, San Francisco’s premiere medical spa, is a one-stop shop to address the many different conditions associated with the face. Our staff is dedicated to providing the most innovative, effective and highest-quality medical-grade cosmetic laser and dermatologic procedures to help minimize signs of aging. We deliver results safely and affordably with exceptional customer service.
All facial treatments at Serenity MedSpa are researched, evaluated, selected and overseen by our highly trained and experienced surgeon, Dr. Lisa Kang, co-founder of Serenity MedSpa. Dr. Lisa Kang administers procedures full time at the medspa with the aid of her trusted and highly qualified staff.
Dr. Lisa Kang personally meets with her clients during the initial consultation to create a customized treatment plan that addresses their needs and will have the the most impact for their budget. She is committed to achieving the best possible results and ensuring her clients are happy with the outcome.
Serenity MedSpa offers a variety of treatments, organized below by category for easier browsing.
As we age, our collagen production in the skin decreases and we get skin laxity and sagging. This is a common issue, beginning in our late thirties. Many women and men are seeking noninvasive and minimally invasive alternatives to surgical facelift and necklift procedures that deliver noticeable, natural-looking results.
At Serenity MedSpa, we offer four different skin-tightening treatment options to address the sagging skin on the face and the neck:
- ThermiTight – This is our newest and most advanced treatment for the sagging lower face, jowls and neck. It is a micro-invasive procedure performed under local anesthetic to deliver the radiofrequency (RF) energy beneath the skin. This treatment is desirable for clients who want more significant results than a pure noninvasive treatment, like Ultherapy, but do not wish to go under the knife. Please visit our ThermiTight page for more information.
- Ulthera® – The most powerful noninvasive skin tightening treatment on the market today, Ulthera uses powerful high-frequency ultrasound energy to penetrate deep into the skin, causing the skin contract and promote collage production. Please visit our Ulthera page for more information.
- ThermiSmooth – Our latest, noninvasive, completely pain-free skin-tightening treatment ThermiSmooth uses radiofrequency energy applied gently to top of the skin. This device’s fine tip makes it ideal for small areas such as the upper eyelid, under the eyes and around the mouth. For optimal results, we recommend a series of treatments, administered every two weeks. ThermiSmooth is often combined with our RFzet, to tighten the skin on the entire face and neck. Please visit our ThermiSmooth page for more information.
- RFzet – A gentle yet powerful noninvasive skin tightening treatment, RFzet delivers bipolar radiofrequency to the skin’s surface. It is pain-free and more affordable than some other skin tightening treatments. A series of five treatments is recommended, administered every one to two weeks. RFzet is often combined with ThermiSmoothä to achieve optimal results for the face and the neck. Please visit our RFzet page for more information.
As we age, we accumulate sun damage on our skin’s surface in the form of brown spots, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. Skin resurfacing lasers remove the damaged skin and gently promote the formation of collagen. They also work to tighten up the pores and smooth out the skin’s surface, revealing a radiant and youthful glow.
At Serenity MedSpa, we offer three different strengths of skin-resurfacing lasers.
- Clear + Brilliant® Laser – This is our most popular non-ablative skin-resurfacing laser treatment. It is a fractionated skin-resurfacing laser that gently and evenly resurfaces 20-30% of your skin per treatment. This means there is less chance for creating post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, especially for darker skin-types. It requires little to no downtime, making it easy to fit into busy schedules. Please visit our Clear + Brilliant Laser page for more information.
- Fraxel Dual® Laser – Fraxel Dual is the newest version of the non-ablative Fraxel laser treatment. It is also a fractionated skin-resurfacing treatment like the Clear + Brilliant Laser, but resurfaces a greater percentage of the skin (about 40-50%) per treatment. A single treatment will yield more visible results, but it also requires about one week downtime. Please visit our Fraxel Dual page for more information.
- Ultrapulse® Encore CO2 Laser – This is an aggressive ablative skin resurfacing laser that can resurface 80-90% of your skin in a single session. It is ideal for fair-skinned clients with a lot of sun damage, sagging and wrinkling and who can afford several seeks of downtime. This powerful treatment can safely take years off the face. Please visit our Ultrapulse Encore CO2 laser page for more information.
As we age, we lose volume on our face that makes us look older and more tired. Our eyes and cheeks can begin to appear “sunken.” Fillers are an excellent way to immediately look more youthful yet still very natural. Done correctly and artistically, fillers can transform the aging face, creating what we call a “liquid facelift.” Fillers are also an excellent way to minimize the nasolabial fold around the mouth (parenthesis) and the marionette lines around the mouth. In experienced hands, fillers are extremely versatile and can also be used to restore temporal volume loss and perform nonsurgical chin and cheekbone augmentation, nose reshaping and hand contouring.
At Serenity MedSpa, we offer a variety of fillers to restore the face to a more youthful and natural appearance.
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers – Restylane®, Restylane Silk®, Juvederm Ultra Plus® XC and Juvederm Voluma® XC are all made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar molecule in our body. Hyaluronic acid fillers can be easily and instantaneously removed with an enzyme solution (hyaluronidase) should there be any issues with the filler. Restylane Silk and Juvederm Voluma are two of the newest fillers made specifically for lip augmentation (Restylane Silk) and cheekbone and cheek augmentation (Juvederm Voluma), which lasts up to two years. For more information about hyaluronic acid fillers, please visit our fillers page.
- Radiesse® – Made from calcium-based microshperes suspended in a water-based gel Radiesse is another naturally occurring substance in our body. It is thicker than hyaluronic acid fillers and can promote collagen production. It effectively restores volume to the face, especially around the temples, cheekbones, cheeks, deep nasolabial folds and chin. Please visit our Radiesse page for more information.
As we age, our collagen levels decrease causing us to develop more and more facial wrinkles. These can be improved with a combination of skin tightening and skin resurfacing treatments, fillers and neuromodulators like BOTOX® and Dysport®.
BOTOX® and Dysport® are especially effective in treating dynamic lines caused by movement. Examples are the horizontal forehead lines that we see when we raise our eyebrows, the vertical lines between the eyebrows (“the elevens”) when we frown and the “crow’s feetor lines around the eyes that are formed when we smile and squint. Neuromodulators, like BOTOX and Dysport, relax the muscles that cause these lines. With consistent treatment over time, the lines will continue to improve, providing a more youthful appearance. If done early enough, these lines can even be prevented.
At Serenity MedSpa, we offer both BOTOX® and Dysport®. Please visit our BOTOX and Dysport pages for more information.
Serenity MedSpa also offers safe and effective treatments for acne, laser hair removal and other specialty skin treatments such as spider vein, mole and skin tag removal.