Serenity MedSpa is excited to offer our clients miraDry, a long-lasting solution for underarm sweating and odor.*
Feel clean, confident and carefree with miraDry.
Have you ever worried whether your antiperspirant is working, or if your shirt will show sweat marks when you take off your jacket or put your luggage in the overhead bin? Imagine being free from the embarrassment and discomfort of underarm sweat for good.
MiraDry eliminates sweat and odor glands to keep your underarms dry and odor-free in any situation*.
What is the miraDry?
miraDry is the only clinically proven FDA-cleared procedure that immediately frees you from underarm sweat, odor and hair without harsh chemicals, toxins or surgery. It is completely noninvasive, amazingly fast, safe and effective.
Who is a good candidate for the miraDry treatment?
Anyone over the age of 18 who wants to reduce their underarm sweating, odor and hair can benefit from miraDry.
miraDry helps you:
- Trust your favorite silk blouse won’t show sweat marks and give away your nerves on a special date
- Keep your favorite little black dress free from chalky white antiperspirant marks
- Look confident standing in front of the big boss when you present your breakthrough idea
- Feel comfortable grabbing a drink with your team after work knowing you look and smell clean, even after a tough day
- Save money on expensive antiperspirants (that don’t work)
- Live a natural, toxin-free lifestyle
What are the advantages of miraDry?
- Quick, completely noninvasive in-office procedure with minimal to no downtime
- Dramatic reduction in underarm sweating, odor and hair with just one treatment
- Results are immediate and long-lasting
How does miraDry work?
The miraDry system works by using proprietary miraWave energy (electromagnetic or microwave energy) that targets and safely destroys sweat and odor glands in your underarms. This procedure causes maximum elimination of sweat glands with minimal impact to surrounding tissues. The advanced design of the miraDry system continuously cools your skin during the treatment for added comfort and safety. Sweat glands don’t regenerate, so miraDry results are immediate and lasting. As an added benefit, miraDry also significantly reduces underarm hair.
Do I need sweat glands in my under arms?
No. You are born with as many as 4 million sweat glands in your body. Your underarms only contain about 2% of those glands. Eliminating these sweat glands does not affect your body’s ability to cool itself. Doctors have safely and successfully performed more than 55,000 treatments worldwide, so you can feel confident enjoying dry, odor-free underarms without any side effects.
How is the miraDry treatment performed?
- While you are reclined with your arms above your head, we mark the treatment area.
- We anesthetize the area using fast-acting tumescent anesthesia. Once you are anesthetized, you won’t feel any pain.
- The miraDry treatment takes about 15 minutes for each underarm. The handheld device precisely delivers electromagnetic energy to heat and eliminate the sweat and odor glands, while simultaneously cooling and protecting the skin. You may feel light suction from the vacuum in the hand piece. Most patients report little to no discomfort during the procedure.
- Immediately following the miraDry procedure, we clean your underarms to remove any markings and apply ice packs to reduce swelling.
What results can I expect after the miraDry procedure?*
You will have an immediate reduction in sweat and odor. And because sweat and odor glands don’t grow back, your results will last. A clinical study showed an average sweat reduction of 86%. A single treatment can eliminate odor and reduce underarm hair growth by 75% (even blonde and white hair).
How many miraDry treatments do I need?
With recent improvements to the miraDry procedure, most people will need just one treatment to achieve an 80% reduction in the amount of underarm sweating (versus only 20% reduction with OTC antiperspirants and 30% with prescription antiperspirants). Some clients may want an additional treatment three months later to further reduce underarm sweating.
Is the miraDry treatment painless?
Since your underarms are completely numbed ahead of time, most patients experience little to no pain during the procedure.
Is there any downtime after the miraDry procedure?
Downtime is minimal to none. Most patients return to their regular activities immediately. High impact exercise can typically be resumed after few days. Some clients who experience minor discomfort can use ice packs and mild over-the-counter pain medication for relief.
Is miraDry treatment safe?
Yes. MiraDry has been used in more than 55,000 treatments worldwide with an excellent safety record.
Are there any side effects with the miraDry procedure?
After your treatment you may experience temporary swelling, soreness, tingling and numbness in the treated area. These sensations typically subside within a few days. There have been no reports of permanent side effects. However, some patients experience short-term altered sensation in their underarm skin and upper arms, which gradually dissipates*.
How is miraDry different compared to other treatments?
While other treatment options delivery temporary risks, such as BOTOX®, or present potential risks, such as surgery, only miraDry provides a safe, noninvasive, lasting solution.
Ready for the miraDry treatment? Schedule your consultation with Dr. David Kang today. Call 415-781-9200 or email info@SerenityMedSpa.com.